Learn how to make your own art supplies using household materials. Series will be updated weekly!
Tea Paint Part 2: Creating a Drawing
Turmeric Paint Part 2: Painting a Cat
Remember when we made paint out of turmeric in an earlier video? Now Ally be showing you how to transform the abstract turmeric painting into a little cat. All you need is your turmeric painting and a pen!
- pen (markers or sharpies are optional but can be helpful)
- turmeric paint
- Begin by drawing a soft edged upside down triangle for the nose. Color the nose in if you want.
- Start at the bottom point of the nose and draw a smile for your cat. Mine is shaped like a banana peel sitting up on the ground and that works well for me!
- Now you’ll draw the ears. Make 2 right side up triangles BUT don’t draw the line for base of the triangle.
- Now you can add some lines for the ear fluff and give your kitty whiskers.
- To make feet, make 2 half circles a little bit apart that open upwards. Draw 3 lines for the toes.
- All that’s left to do now is, using irregular shaped lines and patterns make your cat furry if you would like! I like to make “v” shapes and put them in a line but your cat can look however you want and she’ll be awesome.
And now you know how to paint with turmeric and turn that abstract blob of spices into a cute cat!
Instant Coffee Paint
Instant Coffee Paint Part 2: Creating a Drawing
Video credit: Ally Christopher, Urban Arts Space Engagement Intern.