Thursday | March 3 | 6 to 8pm
Our senses allow us to take in diverse information from all that is around us. Our senses are a unique part of human nature that control how we experience the world. While smells fade, visions fall, and sounds trail off and become silent, how can we prolong our sensations and feelings to make them immortal? This year, the Arts Scholars juried exhibition explores Perpetuating the Senses.
The 2011 Arts Scholars Juried Exhibition features work from high-achieving Ohio State University students from all years of study who share a joint interest in the arts, including music, visual arts, design, dance and theatre. Students major in many areas across campus, including many non-Arts majors.
- Eddie Sergi (senior, Art and Technology)
- MaKenzie Frank (junior, Art)
- Laura Koontz (junior, Art Education)
- Lauren Skunta (junior, Art)
- Stephanie Sherman (junior, Biology)
- Belinda Bowman (sophomore, Art)
- Emilee Katze (sophomore, Art)
- Marisa Espe (freshman, Art)
- Kelly Feast (freshman, Theatre)
- Anna Killion (freshman, Art and Technology)
Performing Artists Featured During the Exhibition Reception:
- Dan White (senior, Music)
- Erin Rea (sophomore, Business)
- Kelsey Bryant (freshman, Zoology)
This exhibition offers students the opportunity to present their work in a gallery setting and experience art installation, the jurying process, and the promotion of a professional show. Work in both performing and visual art will be presented at the exhibition, illustrating the diverse creativity among Art Scholars. Jurors for 2011 include Liz Celeste (Deputy Director, OSU Urban Arts Space), Jim Arter (Associate Artist, Greater Columbus Arts Council), and Karl Whittington (Assistant Professor, History of Art). This show has migrated from campus to the Short North to its most recent location downtown at the OSU Urban Arts Space.
For more information about this exhibition or the Arts Scholars Program, please contact Tim Valentine, Arts Scholars Program Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 614 292-6084.