Urban Arts Space is an ideal gathering place for small events. Availability is based upon the current exhibition and programing activities. Urban Arts Space offers tables and chairs included in our rental price as well as friendly and knowledgeable staff available to give your group a private tour and answer questions. Urban Arts Space has a reputation for providing a dynamic meeting space that can spark a dialogue in your group.
* Disclaimer: Urban Arts Space will NOT be available for rentals of any kind during the months of July - November, 2015. Sorry for the inconvenience.
* Urban Arts Space reviews requests weekly.
General Rental Timeline
1. Lessee will read and review our OSU Urban Arts Space Rental Guidelines 2015.pdf (summarized below) to make sure our space has the capability to host the event.
2. Lessee's will fill out our preliminary rental request form to receive a price quote and availibilitiy check.
3. After a quote has been agreed upon, the Lessee must complete a Facilities Rental Agreement (FRA) and submit a deposit of 50% of the total rental fee. No dates will be held without the appropriate fees and signed contract.
4. One (1) week before the event, the lessee will pay the other 50% of the rental fee and finalize the details of their event!
Summary of the Rental Policies
- All events must be booked at least one (1) month in advance of the event date.
- Events may not occur during normal gallery hours, including all event set up time, unless specifically approved by the Director or Deputy Directors.
- FOOD & ALCOHOL: OSU Urban Arts Space AND The Ohio State University must approve the presence of alcohol for all events at least six (6) weeks in advance of event date. The Urban Arts Space approves the hire of all bartenders. In accordance with the State of Ohio Division of Liquor Control permit and the Urban Arts Space guidelines, alcohol may only be provided by and sold by the Urban Arts Space. The Director and Deputy Directors reserve the right to limit sales per individual per hour, require a valid state issued license for service, and limit the kinds of alcohol served, i.e., wine and beer service only. Lessees, exhibitors, or visitors may not bring alcohol into the Urban Arts Space for consumption. In accordance with our Department of Health Food License and the Urban Arts Space guidelines, food intended for public consumption may only be provided by a catering service. Food prepared in a facility that is not inspected by the Department of Health may not be brought into the space for public consumption.
- FEES: Upper Gallery Rental ($175 per hr), Lower Gallery Rental ($300 per hr), Upper & Lower Gallery Rental ($400 per hr). All recognized Ohio State University student organizations (as confirmed by Events Student Assistant or Deputy Directors) can host events at Urban Arts Space free from charge of rental fees assuming that their event is free, open to the public, education-related (as determined by the Director) and held within normal gallery hours.
- The Lessee is responsible for all guests at their event and assumes all liability should damage, carelessness, theft or other unforeseen incidents occur during their rental at Urban Arts Space. This includes violation of all policies stated in the Rental Policies and Guidelines document. Lazarus Building Security team has permission and authority from Urban Arts Space to enforce any and all Lazarus Building policies not stated here and all policies upheld by Urban Arts Space as well.