Saturday | May 8 | 6 to 8pm
This annual exhibition is an opportunity to sample an array of current directions in contemporary art, fresh from the studios of 27 practicing professional artists who are completing MFA degrees in the Department of Art at The Ohio State University. The participating artists work in painting and drawing, performance, sculpture, photography, ceramics, printmaking, video, sound, new media, and varied combinations of these possibilities. Many have exhibited in locales across the United States and Canada, as well as in spots as distant as Korea, China, and Argentina. See what they bring to this diverse and dynamic presentation at the OSU Urban Arts Space.
Join us at the OSU Urban Arts Space for the artist reception where food and drinks will be provided.
Cosponsored by the Department of Art and Colleges of the Arts and Humanities; funded by a grant from the Efroymson Family Fund, a CICF Fund, and supported by the John Fergus Family Fund.
- Sara Berens | Painting & Drawing
- Matthew Cherubini | Sculpture
- Micah Daw | Painting & Drawing
- Nicole De Brabandere | Ceramics
- Matthew Dietz | Painting & Drawing
- Jenny Fine | Photography
- Paula Gaetano Adi | Art & Technology
- Sara Gallo | Ceramics
- Julie Anne Greenberg | Printmaking
- Dan Harvey | Painting & Drawing
- Christine E. Jackson | Printmaking
- Kevin Lindholm | Printmaking
- Janet Macpherson | Ceramics
- Keida Mascaro | Photography
- David Murphy | Glass
- Susan Li O'Connor | Sculpture
- Joshua Penrose | Art & Technology
- Zepher Potrafka | Sculpture
- Amy Powell | Photography
- Jordanne Renner | Photography
- Jessica Sanders | Ceramics
- Joann Strunk | Printmaking
- Danielle Thomas | Painting & Drawing
- Kyla Toomey | Ceramics
- Julie Anne Ward | Sculpture
- Elizabeth Danielle Wilson | Photography
- Doo-sung Yoo | Art & Technology
Jennifer Wulffson Bedford, the curator of the exhibition, is an independent art historian and a part-time instructor with the History of Art department at The Ohio State University. She is the former senior editor of the Bibliography of the History of Art (Getty Research Institute) and has contributed articles and art criticism to such journals as the Sculpture Journal, X-tra Contemporary Art Quarterly, and Frieze. Upcoming projects include an edited volume of essays on art in response to 9/11 for Duke University Press (co-edited with Christopher Bedford) and a paper on Hilton Kramer and Henry Moore for a conference on British Modernism to be held at the Courtauld Institute of Art in June 2010. While in the UK, she will continue her research on Moore with the aid of a grant from the Henry Moore Foundation. Jennifer Wulffson Bedford received her BA in Art History and English from the University of California, Berkeley, and her MA in Art History from George Washington University.
Ann Bremner is the publications editor at the Wexner Center for the Arts, The Ohio State University. She received her bachelor's and master's degrees in history of art from The Ohio State University. She has contributed essays to publications for the Columbus Museum of Art, SPACES in Cleveland, and the Ohio Arts Council's Riffe Gallery, in addition to numerous materials for the Wexner Center. She has taught art history at Capital University, Otterbein College, and Wright State University; most recently she taught the graduate seminar for second-year MFA students in the Department of Art at Ohio State. Her role in the current exhibition, as a writing consultant to the students, is an outgrowth of that course.