New Work Composed During COVID 19
Rocco Di Pietro
A virtual streaming of the performance premiered on YouTube Live on Thursday, July 15th at 4:00 pm; view a recording of the performance here:
Rocco Di Pietro in collaboration with Olev Viro, Paul Strawser, and Dr. David Nelson Tomasacci.
Presentation of a performance of new experimental works by composer/pianist Rocco Di Pietro, presenting new works composed during the Covid 19 Pandemic.
Program: "AFTER THE FALL" New Work by Rocco Di Pietro
- "THREE SARCASMS" (from Burlesques for James Ensor) 2020 for piano. Paul Strawser-Piano
- Three Blind Covid Mice (For Denis Matsuev and Prokofieff)
- Listen to the Typsy Mocking Bird (For Joseph Kubera and Bartok)
- Shave and a Hair Cut Revolt ( For Paul Strawser and Villa Lobos)
- THREE PIECES FOR VIOLIN AND PIANO (From The Children's Journey) 2020. Olev Viro -Violin, Paul Strawser Piano.
- First Loss
- The Playground
- About Strange Lands and Peoples
- FIVE POSTLUDES (Portrait Album from Taubes) 2021 for piano solo- Rocco Di Pietro, Piano.
- IVI E.R.R.S
- XVII J.E.
- XX M.D. The Artists Brother
- XXIV J.D.P. The Artists Father
- XI N.C.D. The artists Mother
Summer Series is a multi-venue program that showcases short- and long-term projects such as gallery exhibitions, performances, audience participatory work, discussions, research demos and more. This series encourages collaboration, multidisciplinary approaches and seeks ideas that foster conversations, relationships, or careers, that represent diverse perspectives.